San Diego has gone to great lengths to deal with flooding and unusual weather created by warm waters delivered by El Niño, but they need some help now. We’re asking residents to pitch in and prepare for El Niño using these suggestions.
- Sign up your phone numbers to receive San Diego alerts.
- Make sure you have transportation for large animals in case of an evacuation.
- Locate alternative routes in your neighborhood to avoid flooded areas.
- Prepare your house with candles, flashlights and sand bags in case of emergencies.
- Report storm drains that may become blocked with debris.
- Place recycle and trash bins a minimum of two feet or more from curbs, so they don’t interrupt water flow in streets.
Together, we can help to prepare for El Niño and prevent delays, problems and flooding.
Additional details are posted at http://www.sandiego.gov.